January 2, 2020

The Toll by Neal Shusterman


The final installment to the Arc of a Scythe trilogy is an intense and explosive ending to what I believe is Neal Shusterman's finest dystopian series (my favorite singular novel is Bruiser).

If you're reading this review, you've probably already read the first two installments; Scythe and Thunderhead.  I can't reveal too much without spoilers. I will tell you that there is resolution. Thundering, earth shattering resolution.  I can also tell you that there is much political commentary here, with so many parallels to the current political climate.


Marks Book Pick's Score: 5

Reading Level: 6.6 • Interest Level: 7-12 • AR Points: 24 • Lexile:850L
Publisher: Simon & Shusterman • 625 Pages • Copyright: 2019 • ISBN: 978-1-481-49706-0 • Available in Perma-Bound binding

No comments: