May 4, 2011

And Then There Were None by Agatha Cristie

Ten travelers, all strangers, have all arrived on Indian Island for a vacation. There are just two things that they all share. First, they don't know the hostess/host. The second, is that they all have, to say the least, a murky past. After they all are settled, they witness some strange things happening. One by one, they're being killed off. In the duration of just two days, they are all dead. The only people who are innocent, are those who are dead. For who can kill when they're already dead?
And Then There Were None was a page-turning novel. Well, at least two-thirds of it. At first, you might think this book is boring. Sure, at the beginning, you start wishing you had never picked it up. For me, I had to make myself remember the back flap and how cool it sounded, to make me forge ahead. You must too. As soon as the first murder takes place, the ball starts rolling pretty quickly. I'm not much into creepy books, but this one oddly enough didn't kill me with fright. In it, you're dealing with psychologically twisted people who are scared out of their wits, sleepy, hungry, and wide-eyed with desperation for life and suspicion. Most of all, they're all haunted by their past. Agatha Christie has been called the "Queen of Crime." I have to agree that she is an exquisite writer. There are so many puzzles and she keeps you on your toes. The ending leaves you intrigued, struggling for more information, and grasping for more answers.
Reed's Read Score: 3.5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe this book should have AT LEAST gotten a 4.5! It was an excellent read, from first page to last. The first section pulled me in. I'm sorry you found the beginning boring.